peace, love, and joy this holiday season and throughout 2020. Last orders of the year will be shipped on the 10th of December. First orders will be shipped on the 7th of January. Use code LOVE and get 25% off entire order!
PAMA Plant Based Kitchen - ORGANIC. UNPASTEURISED. FERMENTS. MADE IN BRITAIN.
We are Patka and Martin and started “PAMA - Plant Based Kitchen”, 2011 in East London. 2017 we moved our ferments artisan production on the well-known "Sheepdrove Organic Farm" in Lambourn, West Berkshire.
Here, surrounded by nature and healthy air, we produce our gourmet sauerkraut and other fermented specialties. We want to enrich your life with our high-quality, fermented products and make you happier.
We'll show you why we make fermented foods and how you can enjoy them. Everyone knows "sauerkraut" and many know how healthy it is - but of course it has to be naturally fermented sauerkraut. Cultured foods have been an integral part of traditional diets for thousands of years and are essential to a long and vibrant life. Therefore, we pay strict attention to quality and, above all, the natural fermentation process: without the addition of water, vinegar or heat. Teaming up with trillions of friendly bacteria and enzymes that aid digestion and repopulate the digestive tract.
We believe in:
1. Wild fermented sauerkraut, raw and not heated (unpasteurised)
2. Organic, alive and cultured ferments
3. No additives, No preservatives, No E-substances - 100% natural ingredients
4. No added sugar, no gluten and completely animal-free Therefore, you get with us the highest quality sauerkraut possible, alive with natural vitamins and minerals. Your body will thank you for.
What are the benefits of fermented sauerkraut and vegetables?:
1. Natural vitamins and enzymes are retained and even increase during fermentation
2. The sauerkraut is easy to digest, and nutrients are absorbed better by the body
3. Your immune system and the gut flora is supported by sauerkraut and naturally fermented products, it’s a regulator of constipation and helps with heartburn and keeping your gut happy.
5. Sauerkraut is suitable for diabetics, as sugar is broken down by the lactobacilli.
6. Sauerkraut is VEGAN. Our products contain no animal ingredients.
How do we ferment our Krauts?:
To start the "wild fermentation" we mix the vegetables with the right amount of salt and pack them tight into barrels - not a regular salt - we use only high quality "Salines de Guérande" sea salt which is naturally grey and guaranteed unwashed, unrefined and additive free. The salt protects the vegetables from rotting and mould to appear until sufficient lactic acid bacteria have been formed during the fermentation process. These procedures have been used already by our grandparents to preserve vegetables. The "wild fermentation" naturally causes the vegetables to ferment, so we do not need any starters or water mixed with salt. The fermentation process takes at least 4 weeks, it is monitored daily to produce our high-quality gourmet sauerkraut and pickles. Our Krauts are made observing traditional methods and our vegetables are sourced from biodynamic and organic farms. We hope that we could inspire you for fermented vegetables / sauerkraut and are looking forward to your feedback ..
I LOVE this sauerkraut stall, it has changed my life! Particularly like the seaweed sauerkraut, but it's all good
Love the Kombucha xx really nice in glass bottles 🙂
Delicious, colourful, health-boosting and always served with a smile.
Great sauerkrauts I love the kimchi and the pickled cucumbers are amaaaaazing. Love you guys. Xxx
PaMa have taken sauerkraut from a duty to a pleasure - easily the best I've had in the UK.
Amazing range of delicious sauerkrauts in different flavours
One word: delicious
I just ordered your new GUTKRAUT, having tried this in local store. This is a GENIUS product – very low salt, very easy to eat and digest, but not too sour. GENIUS.. Product.. Thank you soooo much for making this product!!!!