We are Patka and Martin and started “PAMA - Plant Based Kitchen”, 2011 in East London. 2017 we moved our ferments artisan production on the well-known "Sheepdrove Organic Farm" in Lambourn, West Berkshire.
Here, surrounded by nature and healthy air, we produce our gourmet sauerkraut and other fermented specialties. We want to enrich your life with our high-quality, fermented products and make you happier.
We'll show you why we make fermented foods and how you can enjoy them. Everyone knows "sauerkraut" and many know how healthy it is - but of course it has to be naturally fermented and organic sauerkraut.
Cultured foods have been an integral part of traditional diets for thousands of years and are essential to a long and vibrant life.
Therefore, we pay strict attention to quality and, above all, the natural fermentation process: without the addition of water, vinegar or heat.
Teaming up with trillions of friendly bacteria and enzymes that aid digestion and repopulate the gut microbiome.
We believe in:
1. Wild fermented sauerkraut, pickles and condiments. RAW and not heated (unpasteurised)
2. Organic & Biodynamic, alive and cultured ferments
3. No additives, No preservatives, No E-substances, NO Citric Acid. 100% natural ingredients
4. No added sugar, no gluten and completely animal-free Therefore, you get with us the highest quality sauerkraut possible, alive with natural vitamins and minerals. Your body will thank you for it.
What are the benefits of fermented sauerkraut and vegetables?:
1. Natural vitamins and enzymes are retained and even increase during fermentation.
2. The sauerkraut is easy to digest, and nutrients are absorbed better by the body.
3. Your immune system and the gut flora (microbiome) is supported by sauerkraut and naturally fermented, organic products, it’s a regulator of constipation and helps with heartburn. Happy gut = happy you!
5. Sauerkraut is suitable for diabetics, as sugar is broken down by the lactobacilli.
6. Sauerkraut is VEGAN. Our Krauts contain no animal ingredients.
How do we ferment our Krauts?:
To start the "wild fermentation" we mix the vegetables with the right amount of salt and pack them tight into barrels - not a regular salt - we use only high quality "Luisenhaller depths" salt which is guaranteed micro plastic free, unrefined and additive free.
The salt protects the vegetables from rotting and mould to appear until sufficient lactic acid bacteria have been formed during the fermentation process.
These procedures have been used already by our grandparents to preserve vegetables. The "wild fermentation" naturally causes the vegetables to ferment, so we do not need any starters or water mixed with salt.
The fermentation process takes at least 4 weeks, it is monitored daily to produce our high-quality gourmet sauerkraut and pickles.
Our Krauts are made observing traditional methods and our vegetables are sourced from biodynamic and organic farmers.
We hope that we could inspire you for fermented vegetables / sauerkraut and are looking forward to your feedback.
We are having a baby!
Please celebrate with us the launch of our new SUUR (sour) product range and dream collaboration.
Naturally fermented organic veggies with no shortcuts taken, just time and love.
You can now find our new SUUR Hot Sauces and Live Shots in our shop.
SUUR & PAMA - a match made in heaven.
More to come! Love: Patka & Martin
What do our customers say?
I LOVE this sauerkraut stall, it has changed my life! Particularly like the seaweed sauerkraut, but it's all good
Love the Kombucha xx really nice in glass bottles 🙂
Delicious, colourful, health-boosting and always served with a smile.
Great sauerkrauts I love the kimchi and the pickled cucumbers are amaaaaazing. Love you guys. Xxx
PaMa have taken sauerkraut from a duty to a pleasure - easily the best I've had in the UK.
Amazing range of delicious sauerkrauts in different flavours
One word: delicious
I just ordered your new GUTKRAUT, having tried this in local store. This is a GENIUS product – very low salt, very easy to eat and digest, but not too sour. GENIUS.. Product.. Thank you soooo much for making this product!!!!